Italy wasn’t built in a day – its record stretches back tens of
thousands of year, where its people have foreseen what’s going to happen in the
future – that’s why they leave a lasting mark for the rest of the world to see.
Now, we cannot miss the wonders of the country and be amazed with its century
old plaza, fortress, cathedrals, palaces and museums. Or expose yourself to Italian villages where
local customs and traditions are well preserved through times. Italy has also
an abundant supply of good food that explodes with unmistakable flavors - of
scent and aromas, the cheese, pesto, mozzarella, pasta and pizza.
The beautiful people of Italy are waiting for you to say “Ciao, Amore”.
POPULAR PLACES TO VISIT IN ITALY
- ROME - the capital city, which houses ancient ruins such as the Colosseum and Trevi Fountain. The Vatican City as headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church which composed of St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums –where you can find the masterpiece of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes.
- FLORENCE - the center of Renaissance art and architecture in Italy where you can find displays of the most renowned “David” Sculpture, an intricate bell tower by Giotto, the Uffizi Gallery exhibits of “The Birth of Venus” and da Vinci’s “Annunciation”. Also, as capital of Tuscany region, it also has the most iconic tourist spot – the Duomo – a cathedral with a terracotta-tiled dome, which is very famous worldwide.
- MILAN - a metropolis and global capital of fashion and design. Twice a year, the city is alive and so well legit of high brands of clothing and it’s busy when catwalks take over the neoclassical palaces celebrating the Milan Fashion Weeks. The Gothic Duomo di Milano cathedral and the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent, housing Leonardo da Vinci’s mural “The Last Supper”, testify to centuries of art and culture.
- VENICE - a city built on more than 100 small islands in a lagoon and has no roads just canals, is very well known for its Gondola ride which became a symbol of its history, tradition and romance in the city. The central square, Piazza San Marco, contains St. Mark’s Basilica which is tiled with Byzantine mosaics, and the Campanile bell tower offering vies of the city’s red roofs.
BEST TIME TO VISIT ITALY
The best time to visit Italy is April to late June, and September or October where there are fewer tourist, prices are low, and has moderate temperatures. Winter months (December to February) are often grey, wet and cold in the north but temperate in the south of Rome. Summer time is from June to August which is also considered a bathing season, where temperatures can reach 40 degrees at times.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN ITALY
- VISIT ANCIENT RUINS - among the lists are the famous Colosseum, the Valley of Temples in Rome, the Vatican Complex and Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon, the Duomo’s of Milan and Florence, the Roman Forum, the Basilica di San Marco in Venice, Rome and Juliet in Verona and many more. Some of these ruins are enlisted at the UNESCO Heritage Sites where preservations of the sites are always the first priority. This is where the PRESENT meets the PAST
- GONDOLA CRUISES IN VENICE - As a floating city, it is a must to do a classic cruising tour. Taking the gondola ride along the Grand Canal, you will be able to see the beautiful Rialto bridge, St. Mark’s square, and other popular Venice sights and picturesque canals. Lastly, the way how you explore the beautiful canals of Venice, it ignites your feeling of romance, the way how local feels love and be loved, from a long time ago until this time.
- EXPLORE THE WINERIES IN TUSCANY - located at central region of Italy, where its capital is Florence, is a home to Chianti wineries – one of the best known wineries in the world which offers great opportunity to taste prestigious labels and great vintages, and sometimes, combined with local specialties that will delight your palate. Taste the local wines and appreciate each one at its very best.
- TAKE THE DAY TRIPS - the most savvy and comprehensive tours that you can get. If you are staying in Rome, you can visit the neighboring cities, an hour away as the shortest, where you can explore the must-see sights on stress-free trips. Some of these are Ruins of Pompeii & Mt Vesuvius Day Trip from Rome; Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence; Lake Como Day Trip from Milan, and Murano Glass and Burano Lace Tour from Venice.
- OF PASTA AND PIZZA - how could anyone forget the good food in Italy? Can you imagine a country with golden wheat fields and green olive groves? Aside from its health benefits, the country immensely offers a variety of different regional dishes and recipes. Pasta making with a Local Chef Tour, why not? How about Eat like a Local – 3 hours food tour, hungry fulfilled? Or yet, it’s more natural and realistic if you are going to take a Farm Experience Tour? Moy delizioso!
- EXPLORE ON ART GALLERIES & MUSEUMS - Famous Italian greats such as Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Caravaggio – are you kidding me? Don’t miss a chance to visit the arguably most famous gallery in Italy – The Palazzo delgi Uffizi which looks over the mighty Arno River. Even if you are not an art aficionado, you will still be able to appreciate the splendor and wondrous works of history.
- DO HOP ON / HOP OFF TOUR - discover the Eternal City in the easiest and most convenient way, get on board and stop at your pleasure to the most famous monuments of Italy. This tour is operated in air conditioned vehicles which includes multi languages commentary and a city map. Big way cheaper!