A landmark destination in the ancient Spice Trail, Sri Lanka is bursting with wonder. This tropical island is famous for its diverse landscape: from the blue coastal belt to green mountains within just hours of each other, and the island's lush greenery ranging from coconut palm groves to paddy fields and tea plantations, embellished by over 200 natural waterfalls. It is blessed with a rich culture and a recorded civilization that spans as far back as 380 BC.
Spices, sapphires and elephants have been synonymous for centuries with Sri Lanka, previously known as Ceylon. The unique location of the island in the Indian Ocean once served as a hub for trading: aromatic cinnamon (the best in the world), cardamom, nutmeg, and pepper were plentiful and the natural sparkle of gems with their multitude of hues, iconic to their colorful land, were amongst the natural exports. This resulted in the island being called the "Pearl of the Indian Ocean".
- 5 nights’ accommodation in Standard rooms on BB basis. (Bed & Breakfast) starting from Breakfast on day 2 to day 6.
- Air conditioned vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide.
- Free visit a Gem Lapidary, Tea Factory & Spice Garden.
- Free 01 Local Sim (Per room)
- Free 01 Bottle of 500 Ml Mineral Water Daily (per person)
- City tours of Kandy, Nuwara Eliya & Colombo.
- Lunch and Dinner.
- Visa. (Visa can be obtained by applying online www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
- Entrance fees to, Madhu River and Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Early check in and late checkout at hotels. (Will be on availability or needs to be pre-booked)
- All entrances, tours or Excursion that in not mention in program.
- Any other items not under inclusions.
- Camera permits to sites.
- Perahera Supplement whilst in Kandy.
- Tips and Porte rage.
Day 01 Arrival
- Welcome at the airport & proceed to Kandy (115 KM / 3h 20m) enroute visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage (Duration of visit: approx. 1 – 1 1⁄2 Hours)
- Kandy Temple and City (Duration of visit: approx. 1 1⁄2 – 2 Hours)
- Evening witness a cultural show
Day 02 Peradeniya – Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast visit a Gem Lapidary & Peradeniya Botanical Gardens.
- Gem Lapidary (Duration of visit: approx. 1 – 1 1⁄2 Hours)
- Royal Botanical Gardens (Duration of visit: approx. 1 1⁄2 – 2 Hours)
- Nuwara Eliya City (Duration of visit: approx. 40 mins)
- Evening at Leisure.
Day 03 Kandy - Nuwara Eliya – Horton Plains
- Early morning (5.30 am) engage in a trek at Horton Plains National park. (With packed breakfast)
- Horton Plains National Park (Duration of visit: approx. 5 1⁄2 – 6 Hours)
- Evening at leisure.
Day 04 Train Ride (Nanoya) – Ella
- After breakfast engage in a Train Ride from Nanoya (09.30) to Ella (13.25). (2nd class) (Train timings are subject to change and trains are subject to availability)
- Little Adams Peak (Duration of visit: approx 1 – 1 1⁄2 Hours)
- Evening at leisure.
Day 05 Ella – Colombo
- After breakfast proceed to Colombo (100KM /3h 0m) and engage in a city tour of Colombo at leisure
- Colombo (Duration of visit: approx. 1 – 1 1⁄2 Hours)
- Evening at leisure.
Day 06 Departure
- Breakfast and check out for departure (Standard check out time: 12.00 Hours)
- Drive to Airport for departure. (37 KM / 1h 0 m)
- Report to Airport (As per Airline policy need to check in 3 hours before departure)
With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter in to Sri Lanka. Please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more information.
The ETA requirement is applicable to all nationalities except nationals of the Republic of Maldives, the Republic of Singapore and the Republic of Seychelles, who on the basis of reciprocity, are exempt from this requirement.
The objective of the Sri Lankan visa is to facilitate the legal entry of non-Sri Lankans into Sri Lanka and to regulate the period and conditions governing their stay.
The competent authority for issuing Sri Lankan visas is the Department of Immigration and Emigration. On behalf of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka diplomatic missions abroad have been authorized to issue visas.
What are the general eligibility requirements for Sri Lankan visas?
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may issue a visa to you if:
- It is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- It approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- It is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your stay in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a return air ticket to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination.