Yangon (formerly known as Rangoon) is the largest city in Myanmar (formerly Burma). A mix of British colonial architecture, modern high-rises and gilded Buddhist pagodas define its skyline. Its famed Shwedagon Paya, a huge, shimmering pagoda complex, draws thousands of pilgrims annually. The city's other notable religious sites include the Botataung and Sule pagodas, both housing Buddhist relics.
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Domestic flights tickets (Yangon/ Bagan and Bagan/ Yangon)
- Domestic airfares current fuel surcharges and airport departure tax
- Entrance fees and zone fees for the visits
- All transfers and sightseeing with private air-con car and drivers as per program
- English speaking station guide (one guide in one city)
One bottled water and two wet towels per pax will be provided on sightseeing days only.
- Hotel accommodation
- International air tickets
- Meals not mentioned above
- Hotel early check in and late check out
- Visa Fees
- Personal expenses
- Any other services not mentioned above
Day 1 Yangon (based on morning arrival)
- On arrival at Yangon International airport greeting by our guide.
- Today you will go sightseeing to the Botataung Pagoda, located on Yangon harbor, where you will see many ancient Buddhist relics and artifacts.
- Then visit the downtown district and its many old colonial buildings still in use. There is also the Independence Monument in Mahabandoola Garden, dedicated to Burma’s independence from Great Britain in 1948. The streets are filled with colorful sidewalk markets selling various items both old and new.
- Afternoon sightseeing includes the colossal reclining Buddha Chaukhtatgyi, and then finish our sightseeing at the awe-inspiring Shwedagon Pagoda, perhaps the most beautiful pagoda complex in all of Asia.
- Overnight in Yangon.
Day 2 Yangon - Bagan by flight and Bagan sightseeing
- Yangon/Bagan flight schedule (ETD 0600 and ETA 0720)
- After breakfast, we begin our visit to one of Asia’s most stunning archeological destinations with its more than 2,000 pagodas doting the plains along the legendary Ayerwaddy River.
- See the bustling Nyaung Oo local market and then some of Bagan’s most distinctive pagodas including Shwezigon, a prototype of later Myanmar stupas and Wetkyi-in- Gubyaukgyi, a 13th-century‘ cave temple with fine wall paintings. One of the most outstanding is the magnificent Ananda Pagoda, one of the most revered pagodas in all Myanmar and containing four tall standing Buddhas within.
- Afternoon sightseeing highlights Sulamani Temple built by King Narapatisithu; Dhammayangyi Temple, a massive later period temple with the finest brickwork in Bagan, and Thatbyinnyu Temple which towers above other monuments of Bagan.
- We can also visit a Thanaka museum, dedicated to the tree bark and root of the Thanaka tree and used in making a fragrant white colored paste which Myanmar women wear for skin beauty and protection from the sun. Visitors can learn how to make and apply the Thanaka paste.
- As the sun goes down we will be at one of the ideal temple top viewing sites selected by our guide.
- Overnight in Bagan.
Day 3 Bagan - Yangon by flight, Yangon sightseeing
- Bagan/Yangon flight schedule (ETD 1010 and ETA 1130)
- Morning transfer to Bagan airport to take a flight back to Yangon.
- Arrive in Yangon and visit beautiful Kandawgyi Lake with the huge mythical birds of the Karaweik Barge in prominent view.
- Then visit the National Museum (closed on Monday and gazette holidays), and go shopping at the famous Scott market (closed on Monday and gazette holidays), a sprawling complex built in 1926 and noted for its variety of handicrafts and other items which provide an excellent opportunity for the last shopping spree.
- In the evening we may go to Wahdan jetty on the Yangon River to see the hustle and bustle of local life as goods and people transfer on and off the ships.
- Overnight in Yangon.
Day 4 Yangon - Departure (based on morning departure)
- Free time until transfer to the airport for your departure flight
Visa information not found!
Please include visa information in your inquiry.
For major countries please visit our Visa Assitance Page.
Rates & Hotels
3 * category Hotels
Yangon Panda Hotel or similar
Bagan Thazin Garden Hotel or similar
- 2 Pax starts at USD 684 / AED 2517 PER PERSON
- 3-4 pax starts at USD 656 / AED 2414 PER PERSON
4 * category Hotels
Yangon Sedona Hotel Yangon or similar
Bagan The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate or similar
- 2 Pax starts at USD 798 / AED 2936 PER PERSON
- 3-4 pax starts at USD 769 / AED 2830 PER PERSON