Albania, on Southeastern Europe’s Balkan Peninsula, is a small country with Adriatic and Ionian coastlines and an interior crossed by the Albanian Alps. The country has many castles and archaeological sites. Capital Tirana centers on sprawling Skanderbeg Square, the site of the National History Museum, with exhibits spanning antiquity to post-communism, and frescoed Et’hem Bey Mosque.
GRAND TOUR OF ALBANIA
7 NIGHTS/ 8 DAYS
- 7 nights of accommodation in 4* hotels
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Private transfers from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
- English speaking guide/driver during the days of the excursions
- All the visits and entrance fees mentioned in the program
- Visa, if required
- Travel Insurance
- Services not mentioned in the inclusion
- Tips, porterage
- Services of personal requirement
- Arrival into Tirana Airport – Tirana (30 min)
- Arrive at the airport and private transfer to your hotel in the city center.
- Today we will explore the colorful capital of Albania, Tirana.
- Tirana has a never-ending movement and energy. This metropolis city is worth discovering by day and night. Founded in 1614, Tirana is now a developed city that combines culture, history, contemporary architecture, and lots of hospitality shown towards tourists. Guided tour of Tirana with the local guide, where we walk by the main boulevard, the Pyramid, The Opera House, and the National Library, Governmental buildings, the new bazaar, and the pedestrian area.
- Free evening and overnight in Tirana
- Kruja & Tirana City Tour
- After breakfast, we proceed to Kruja, the historic city which lays on a panoramic view on the top of a hill, 600 km above sea level. With a combination of nature, history, archeology, traditional food, and lifestyle, Kruja is one of the most beautiful tourist spots in Albania.
- Kruja is notable for its stony streets and traditional buildings.
- The tour begins with the visit to the Castle, the citadel of the National hero, Gjergj Kastriot Skanderbeg.
- We visit the citadel and enter the Ethnographic Museum.
- After the visits, it’s time to get closer to Albanian traditions and lifestyle, by visiting the bazaar. It is one street of shops, with wooden buildings and a mixture of cafés and small souvenir and antique shops. We can see the local artisans working on handmade carpets, silver, and other souvenirs.
- After lunchtime return transfer to Tirana.
- Tirana – Apollonia Archeological Park – Coastal City of Vlora
- Today we travel to Apollonia, one of the most well-known archeological sites in the country and recently a national archaeological park.
- Arriving in Apollonia we stop for lunch in a local restaurant nearby the archeological park, before starting the guided tour. We visit the Odeon and see some monuments like the Encircling Wall, the Bouleterion, the Mosaics House, and the Nymphaeum.
- Around midday arrival in the coastal city of Vlora. It is one of the best coastal towns in Albania with a long promenade by the seaside to enjoy the afternoon.
- Overnight in Vlora
- Albanian Riviera - Vlore – Llogara - Dhermi – Himare –Sarande 4 hrs (UNESCO) - Gjirokastra 1.5 hrs
- After breakfast, we depart for the coastal city Saranda, in the south of Albania
- Drive on the spectacular Albanian Riviera looking down at the Ionian Sea. Breathtaking sceneries await us at the Llogara pass - 1000 m above sea level.
- We stop in Llogara National Park to enjoy the view, and photo shooting from above
- We continue on to Saranda, passing through the small coastal villages of Dhermi and Himara.
- Afternoon in Saranda by the seaside, and overnight.
- Saranda – Gjirokastra – Berat
- We proceed to Gjirokastra, another UNESCO site and museum town with beautiful and very distinct architecture.
- We visit the old town and the bazaar, before continuing our transfer towards another UNESCO town – Berat, the pride of Albanian antiquity and architecture.
- Berat forms a wonderful combination of eastern and western cultures, costumes, and traditions. The architecture of the old houses, with large windows that overlook the town, is the first thing that impresses the visitors.
- Overnight in Berat.
- Berat – Durres – Tirana
- Morning guided tour of Berat, where we visit the old town and the Citadel. It overlooks the river and the modern city as well as the old Christian quarter across the river. The citadel can be reached by a steep road and is still inhabited.
- Further, we continue to the coastal city of Durres, where we stop for lunch by the seaside. (optional)
- Here we spend time at the seaside promenade and visit the city before returning to Tirana.
- Overnight in Tirana.
- Tirana Free day
- A full day free in Tirana to relax, explore the capital further on your own or go shopping in the city.
- Overnight in Tirana.
- Tirana –Return Flight (30 min)
- After breakfast free time in the city.
- Transfer at the airport for the return flight, where we say good bye!
VISA REGIME FOR FOREIGNERS
The visa regime for foreigners is determined based on Law, 108/13, "For foreigners", and DCM no. 569, dated 03.10.2018 for some additions and changes to the Decision no. 513, dated 13.06.2013 of the Council of Ministers on "On determining the criteria of procedures and documentation for entry, stay and treatment of foreigners in the Republic of Albania", as amended.
Enter Albania without a visa:
a) Foreigners holding a valid Schengen multi-pass visa, which has previously been used in one of the Schengen area countries, or who have a valid residence permit in one of the Schengen area countries; b) Foreigners holding a valid US or UK multi-pass visa, which has previously been used in one of these countries, or who have a valid residence permit in the US or the UK. c) Foreign citizens from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, India, Qatar, Oman, Russia, and Thailand, can enter Albania without a visa, for a short-term stay, with the passport document, from 01 April 2021 until 31 December 2021. ç) "Foreign members of the family of EU citizens", when traveling with an EU citizen spouse, as well as in addition to a valid passport, have a document (residence permit) which cites their status as a family member ”
a) Foreigners holding a valid Schengen multi-pass visa, which has previously been used in one of the Schengen area countries, or who have a valid residence permit in one of the Schengen area countries;
b) Foreigners holding a valid US or UK multi-pass visa, which has previously been used in one of these countries, or who have a valid residence permit in the US or the UK.
c) Foreign citizens from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, India, Qatar, Oman, Russia, and Thailand, can enter Albania without a visa, for a short-term stay, with the passport document, from 01 April 2021 until 31 December 2021.
ç) "Foreign members of the family of EU citizens", when traveling with an EU citizen spouse, as well as in addition to a valid passport, have a document (residence permit) which cites their status as a family member ”
d) Foreign citizens who have a valid permit of stay, issued by the competent authority of the United Arab Emirates;
Type "visa" is a visa, which entitles its holder to enter and stay in the Republic of Albania for up to 90 days within 180 days, starting from the date of first entry. The "C" visa can be issued with one, two, or more entries. The validity period may not exceed 5 years.
Type "visa", is a visa, which is issued to foreign citizens, who seek to stay in the Republic of Albania for more than 90 days for 180 days and when to obtain a residence permit for these citizens is required visa.
For more information, please read further on this link
4 STAR HOTEL STAY
DOUBLE/TWIN ROOM, price starts at AED 3250 per person
SINGLE ROOM, price starts at AED 3700 per person