Amsterdam, Holland’s capital, is a pleasant, 700-year-old city whose elegant and classic architecture, cafés and restaurants, renowned museums, and picturesque canals—not to mention the bike paths throughout the city—make for a pleasurable atmosphere.
Here, your city tour includes a cruise—the best way to see Amsterdam—through the elegant canals lined with stately homes dating back to Amsterdam’s “Golden Age.”
On this Holland tour, you’ll also stay in Rotterdam, a young city with the world’s busiest port and known for its modern architecture and design, as well as in some of the minor but interesting towns where you’ll discover the rural atmosphere of this country.
- AMSTERDAM Canal cruise and city tour
- AALSMEER Visit flower auction (except departures April 6 to May 4 where you'll visit KEUKENHOF gardens instead)
- DELFT Visit Royal Delft Pottery factory
- ROTTERDAM Guided sightseeing
- GROESBEEK Visit the National Liberation Museum
- GIETHOORN & GRONINGEN VisitZAANSE SCHANSVisit Wooden Clog and Dutch Cheese workshop
- VOLENDAM Visit the fishing village
Hotels to stay
- AMSTERDAM - Corendon Village or Hotel Ibiis Styles Amsterdam Airport
- ROTTERDAM - Bilderberg ParkHotel
- ARNHEM - Postillion Hotel
- GRONINGEN - Apollo Groninger Hotel
- Buffet breakfasts daily
- 3 dinners, including dinner at a local restaurant in Amsterdam
- Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi
Headsets throughout the tour
Round Trip Airport Transfers
Service of Tour Director for the entire trip
- Visa to the Netherlands, if required
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not mentioned on the inclusion
- Optional Sightseeing tours
- Services not mentioned on the inclusion
Inside visits and special features are shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM AREA, HOLLAND
- Check into your hotel.
- The rest of the day is free to explore Amsterdam on your own with the help of the CosmosGO app.
- Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
DAY 2 AMSTERDAM AREA
- For centuries, this tiny nation of seafaring traders played a leading role in world history. It reclaimed 40% of its territory from the sea, and produces a healthy agricultural surplus in the midst of Europe’s most densely populated area—yet Holland manages to remain quaint and scenic.
- Your day begins with a CANAL CRUISE to see the town from the water level.
- Complete the experience watching skilled craftsmen cut and polish precious stones at a DIAMOND CENTER, and follow a Local Guide who will point out Amsterdam's highlights on the included city tour.
- Enjoy time this afternoon to explore on your own or to join an optional excursion.
DAY 3 AMSTERDAM AREA–AALSMEER/KEUKENHOF–DELFT–ROTTERDAM
- Begin your day with a visit to the fascinating AALSMEER FLOWER AUCTION or, when the tulips bloom (departures April 6-May 4), see some of the 7 million flowers planted annually at the world-famous KEUKENHOF—one of the world’s largest flower gardens (weather permitting).
- Continue to historic Delft for a visit of the famous ROYAL DELFT POTTERY FACTORY. See how this exquisite pottery is made and marvel at its magnificent collection of hand-painted earthenware.
- Continue on to Rotterdam, the world’s busiest port, to marvel at the city’s futuristic architecture during your sightseeing with a Local Guide.
DAY 4 ROTTERDAM–GROESBEEK–ARNHEM AREA
- Today is all about history.
- Visit Groesbeek, where Allied forces launched Operation Market Garden during WWII, the largest airborne battle in history and the only major Allied defeat of the northwest Europe campaign.
- Also, explore the NATIONAL LIBERATION MUSEUM, which commemorates Holland’s occupation and liberation during the war.
- Next is Arnhem, site of the Battle of Arnhem, where you will see John Frost Bridge, named for the commander of the British forces that held the bridge for four days.
- Enjoy time on your own to do some independent exploring.
- Breakfast and Dinner
DAY 5 ARNHEM AREA–GIETHOORN–GRONINGEN
- This morning, head for the quaint village of Giethoorn, built on canals but very different from busy cities like Venice or Amsterdam.
- Spend the night in the provincial capital of Groningen.
DAY 6 GRONINGEN–ZAANSE SCHANS–VOLENDAM–AMSTERDAM AREA
- Explore Groningen this morning, an important trade center in the 13th century that today is hailed as the “World Cycling City.”
- Cross over the 19-mile Barrier Dam, which is part of an incredible system of 1,200 miles of dikes, dams, and dunes built over the last 900 years to protect the part of Holland that is below sea level.
- Visit a renowned WOODEN CLOG and DUTCH CHEESE WORKSHOP in Zaanse Schans.
- Continue to the fishing village of Volendam, then arrive back in Amsterdam to enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
- Breakfast and Dinner
DAY 7 AMSTERDAM AREA
- Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
The Schengen area is made of 25 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
SouthTravels Documentation Fee - AED 200 per passport
Take note that Southtravels will not act as your Immigration Advisor.
We can only guide you on preparing the documents for your visa application.
- scanned copy of passport
- scanned copy of UAE Residence Visa
Visa Fee - payable directly at the application center.
Schengen visa processing will take a minimum of 14 working days.
Visit our visa assistance on Schengen Visa for more information.
7 Day Tour from Amsterdam to Amsterdam (4820)
|April 2019||06, 27||starts from AED 4235 per person|
|May 2019||04, 25||starts from AED 4815 per person|
|June 2019||22, 29||starts from AED 4620 per person|
|July 2019||27||starts from AED 4430 per person|
|Aug 2019||24||starts from AED 4475 per person|
|Sept 2019||07, 21||starts from AED 4775 per person|
|Oct 2019||15||starts from AED 4775 per person|