From 20th December until 13th January of every year a magical atmosphere is created during the Christmas holidays in Armenia and all the cities are dressed in lights, perfumes, flavors, and Christmas colors. Emotions that can be lived in every corner of the country to visit and discover enchanting places, Christmas markets, hospitality and warmth of the people, gastronomic traditions, taste the local dishes, buy Nativity scenes, crafts, and Christmas gifts.
Yerevan’s main Christmas tree is very beautiful!
We look forward to seeing you for the Christmas holidays in Armenia where you can find attractions, emotions and good memories linked to a moment of the year that has a particular value...
The quotation includes:
- 6 nights in a hotel in Yerevan
- Transfer to and from the airport with the presence of the English speaking guide or his English speaking assistant
- Transportation for the whole trip depends on the program
- English speaking Driver’s services (2-6 pax), English Speaking Guide’s Services (7-12 pax)
- HB (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 1 dinner)
- Water in a minibus (1 bottle (½ liter) per person a day
- Drinks (carbonated and still water, tea, coffee) during meals
- Wine on the last day at dinner
- Entrance fees
- Tipping to restaurant waiters and hotel concierges
The quotation does not include:
- FB (full board)
- NEW YEAR's dinner on December 31st
- Extra charges
- What is not mentioned in the "The price list includes".
1st day: Start of the program 29.12.22 Thursday (--/--/--)
- Flight to Yerevan. Arrival at the airport of Yerevan.
- Transfer to the hotel, accommodation, and rest.
2nd day: Yerevan - Garni - Ghegard – Yerevan 30.12. 22 Friday (B/L/--)
- In the village of Garni we will participate not only in the preparation of the traditional Armenian bread called "lavash", but also in the same "tonir", an underground terracotta oven, in front of the guests will be cooked the Armenian Christmas dishes.
- After breakfast departure for the tour to discover one of the wonders of the Hellenistic era, the fortress and the temple of Garni erected in 77 A D. by King Tiridates.
- After visiting the temple of Garni, you will visit Ghegardavank the unique 13th-century rock-cut monastery in Armenia. The name derives from the relic of the lance with which the side of Christ on the cross was wounded, for a long time preserved in this place and now exposed in the museum of Etchmiadzin.
- Lunch by the inhabitants of the village of Garni.
- Overnight in a hotel in Yerevan.
3rd day: Full day in Yerevan 31.12.22 Saturday (B/L/D)
- Among the different Christmas markets in the city of Yerevan
- Yerevan, the capital of the Republic of Armenia is a modern metropolis with an ancient history. In 2021 Yerevan will celebrate its 2803 anniversary. It is called the pink city for the color of its buildings. Yerevan is located in a valley surrounded by hills on three sides and to the southwest overlooking the Ararat plain with the snow-capped peaks of Mount Ararat.
- On this day the whole city is in full swing and is preparing to host the New Year 2023.
- The city is adorned with lights, colors, joys, and hopes for the New Year. All markets are full of people shopping for Christmas.
- After breakfast, the discovery of the city of Yerevan begins.
- Visit the main places and monuments of Yerevan: Republic Square, Opera Square, the Northern Avenue, the "Cascade" Monument, Yerevan State University, Victory Park with its statue of "Mother Armenia", the Cathedral of St. Gregory the Illuminator, the Memorial of Tsitsernakaberd, etc.
- A walk on the Northern Avenue where there are small markets that display different crafts and typical products with Christmas motifs.
- After lunch, there will be a visit to the market of dried fruit and oriental spices.
- Lunch in a restaurant.
- Overnight at the hotel in Yerevan.
OPTION 1: NEW YEAR'S EVE dinner in a restaurant that will start at 10 pm. There will be songs, dances, traditional Armenian music, Christmas presents, and beautiful surprises on the first day of the year 2023.
OPTION 2: In this case, the museums will be open, if you desire there will also be visits to museums.
4th day: Yerevan – Khor Virap – Noravank – Yerevan 01.01.23 Sunday (B/L/--)
- Discovery of the Armenian Christmas cuisine
- On this day we will find out what the Armenians eat at the New Year in the town of Yeghegnadzor.
- After breakfast, we will visit the monastery of Khor Virap, a place particularly dear to the Armenians, due to the Christianization of Armenia. Due to its historical importance, this place is a must-visit and from its walls, you can also enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Ararat, the mountain where the biblical tradition tells Noah's Ark stopped after the flood.
- In the Vayots Dzor region, a visit to the UNESCO-listed Noravank monastery dating back to the 13th and 14th centuries, which mainly is the work of the famous architect and monk Momik, adorned with superb bas-reliefs.
- Lunch is planned in an Armenian family from the town of Yeghegnadzor.
- Overnight at the hotel in Yerevan.
5th day: Yerevan - Lake Sevan – Tsakhkadzor – Yerevan 02.01.23 Monday (B/L/--)
- Where the Armenians go skiing
- The Armenians are skiing in Tsakhkadzor, located on the eastern slope of Teghenis, at an altitude of 1840 meters above sea level.
- By the way, the Tsaghkadzor ski resort is only ten meters below the highest of the four famous ski resorts of Courchevel and it is only 50 km away from the capital of Armenia: Yerevan. Tsaghkadzor, the main Olympic base of the Soviet Union, and now the main Olympic base of Armenia with its 30 km of the ski slope, has spectacular ski slopes, beautiful hotels, and delicious restaurants.
- The first stop will be on Lake Sevan (1900 m) with the namesake 9th-century monastery.
- After visiting Lake Sevan you will visit the Tsakhkadzor ski resort where guests may want to ski or simply go up the mountain Teghenis by cable car and savor a nice coffee in a cafe located on the mountain.
- Lunch in a restaurant in Tsakhadzor or Sevan.
- Overnight in Yerevan.
6th day: Etchmiadzin: Church of Saint Hripsimé, Etchmiadzin Cathedral, The ruins of the Zvartnots Cathedral – Yerevan 03.01.23 Tuesday (B/L/D)
- The Vatican of the Armenians and the first Armenian Christian church
- Meeting with the guide in the late morning and departure for the tour to Etchmiadzin where you will visit the 4th-century cathedral of Etchmiadzin, where also Pontifical Residence of Catholicos of All Armenians – the head of Armenian Apostolic church is located, the port of Tiridates of the seventh century, the visit also includes the 7th-century church of Saint Hripsime and the ruins of the 7th-century Cathedral of Zvartnots.
- Near the church of St. Hripsime and the Cathedral of Etchmiadzin, there are also souvenir shops.
- Farewell dinner in a traditional restaurant in Yerevan.
7th day: Departure 04. 01.21 Wednesday (B/--/--)
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport with the guide or his assistant.
- Check-in and departure.
- End of our services
If you are traveling to Armenia, you might need a visa for your trip.
Some of the Countries Eligible for E-Visa:
Bahrain, Mexico, China, Kuwait, Colombia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Lebanon
China, Oman, India, South Africa, Maldives, Philippines, Jordan, Thailand
Please contact us at 04 447 3839 or email email@example.com if your nationality is not listed above so that our Visa Consultants can advise you accordingly on how to apply your visa to Armenia.
Service Fee: AED 150.00 per person (Including the visa fee processing)
- Processing of the visa will take 3-4 working days.
- Approval of the visa is the sole discretion of the ARMENIA Embassy.
- Visa fee is non-refundable, either visa got approved but not used or in case of visa refusal.
- All procedures including requirements and processing may change without prior notice and are always subject to Embassy’s discretion.
- Georgia Embassy/Ministry of Foreign Affairs has all the right to get further supporting documents in regards to your travel to the country.
- The conditions regarding the issuance of electronic visas can be altered at any time without prior notice.
TRAVEL DATE: 29 DECEMBER 2022 - 04 JANUARY 2023
3 STAR HOTEL1 PERSON IN THE ROOM, price starts at AED 4830 per person
2 PERSON IN THE ROOM, price starts at AED 4260 per person
4 STAR HOTEL
1 PERSON IN THE ROOM, price starts at AED 4990 per person
2 PERSON IN THE ROOM, price starts at AED 4350 per person